1. How will I receive my Digital Certificate(s)?
When you log on to your Jockey Club Interactive Registration account, you will see an option under DIGITAL CERTIFICATES labeled CERTIFICATE MANAGEMENT that will display the certificates currently assigned to your Interactive Registration account.
2. Who is assigned the Digital Certificate?
Digital Certificates are assigned to a Certificate Manager, a person or entity authorized to control the disposition of a Digital Certificate. The Certificate Manager may or may not be the owner of the horse.
3. How will I forward my Digital Certificate to a sales company, racetrack, or other entity that requires the Certificate of Foal Registration?
The Certificate Manager will be able to assign the certificate to another party by selecting the appropriate entity or person, clicking the button that says "Assign Certificate," and then following the prompts to complete the assignment.
4. How will I know when a Digital Certificate has been assigned to my account?
An email notification will be sent shortly after a digital certificate(s) has been assigned to your Interactive Registration account.
5. Will all of my horses be issued a Digital Certificate?
Foals of 2018 and after will be issued Digital Certificates.
6. What if a mistake was made when assigning a Digital Certificate?
If a mistake was made when assigning a Digital Certificate the assignor should contact The Jockey Club for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. How can I determine the current Digital Certificate Manager of a Thoroughbred?
When you log on to your Jockey Club Interactive Registration account, you will see an option under REGISTRATION labeled CHECK REGISTRATION STATUS that will display the current Digital Certificate Manager for foals of 2018 and later.
8. Does the ownership data recorded with the assignment of a Digital Certificate prove title to the horse?
No. The Jockey Club is a pedigree registry for Thoroughbred horses, not an ownership or title registry. Accordingly, any information presented by The Jockey Club concerning the "owner" of a horse is based solely upon information provided by others and is in no way warranted or otherwise offered by The Jockey Club as being a representation of who the actual owner or title holder of a particular Thoroughbred is.